Skip to content
What we believe
What we believe, what we're trying to achieve, and why.
- We are dedicated to making in Britain: minimising 'production miles’ and creating good quality local jobs.
- We are a true independent, founded and funded by enthusiasts.
- We are focused on making clothes of timeless style and durability, not throwaway transient fashion.
- We believe so strongly in the quality of our garments that we offer a lifetime visible repair guarantee on everything we make.
- We want to be a contributive business: which not only makes the minimum environmental impact, but which also makes a positive contribution to our community.
- We support small scale production: for the things that we can’t make ourselves, we work with small family-owned UK factories.
- We are inspired by the wonderful coastline of the British Isles and the people who live and work along it.
- We believe in British fabrics and components, and we use UK-sourced materials whenever possible.
- We don’t have seasons and we don’t follow trends. Each new design will continue to add to a wide repertoire of classic styles.
- We take an ethical and sustainable approach to all aspects of business: including using the absolute minimum of any kind of plastic in our production, and zero plastic in our packaging.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.