Made just for us by a traditional maker in the Channel Islands, this is the definitive fisherman's garment.
A traditional Gansey with the more popular crew-neck style. Our Gansey is in traditional deep navy with our own signature orange detailing, and our own shoulder patterning.
Knitted from 100% Pure British Wool, spun to the particular specifications required to achieve the unique feel and performance of the traditional Guernsey/Gansey garment.
The factory combines traditional techniques and skills with historic textured patterns and style details, as well as modern equipment for a consistently high quality product. Sewn together with traditional Channel Island skills.
MEASURING FOR THE BEST FIT:
- Measure the person while standing with their arm resting by their side.
- Measure all the way around the chest, with no finger gap behind the tape measure. If you have an even number add 4", and if it's an odd number add 3" (e.g. a 38 inch chest measurement requires a 42" Gansey). This number is your Gansey size (see chart).
This can be matched to the sizes given in the chart below.
- To check the length, measure from the middle of the shoulder to the point you want the garment to finish (normally the middle of the buttock).
- To check the sleeve, measure from the middle of the neck, over the shoulder tip and down to the elbow - and then on to the point you want the cuff to finish at your wrist or hand.
- Note: our Gansey is made from completely natural fibres and as such there can be a slight variation in size (plus or minus 0.5 of an inch or 1.5 cms)